Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Additionally, I may get commissions for purchases made through other affiliate links in this post.
In 1940, a movie called Christmas in July was released. The retail world embraced the idea of celebrating and hosting Christmas sales during the summer – because this was a slow time for many.
If you need a good pick me up in your Silhouette or Cricut craft business, consider holding a Christmas in July sale. Today, I’m giving you some information so you can start planning.
When Should I Hold My Christmas in July Sale?
You can hold a Christmas in July Sale anytime in the month of July. You’ll notice that most retailers host their sales after the July 4th holiday.
Do I Have to Have Christmas Products on Sale or Available?
No, you can host a sale on any products you would like.
7 Ideas for Christmas in July Sales
- Offer a substantial discount in your store or offer substantial discounts on certain items in your store.
- Advertise a free product with a minimum purchase of $XX. Examples of inexpensive products include decals (personalized or generic), keychains, earrings, headbands, cupcake toppers, or greeting cards.
- Give a gift certificate or coupon code with a minimum purchase. This is a great way to encourage shoppers to return at a later time – like the actual Christmas holiday. For example, spend $100 and get a $15 gift certificate good in the months of November or December. I love tactic because it encourages customers to return at a later time.
- Similarly, offer a bounce back coupon in the order to return again at a later time. You can read more about bounce back offers in this post.
- Consider extending free shipping to customers. With Amazon’s Prime membership leading the marketplace, many customers now balk at having to pay shipping costs.
- Host a giveaway for your sale. The easiest way to accomplish this is everyone who buys from you on a certain day will be automatically entered into your giveaway.
- If you’ve already got your holiday products designed and ready to sell, you can offer an early preview sale for everything Christmas related.