Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Additionally, I may get commissions for purchases made through other affiliate links in this post.
What is a Tagline?
A tagline is a short, catchy phrase that gives more context to your business. It can share what your business does, the main product you sell, or anything that helps your customer identify what you do. Here’s some examples of famous taglines:
- Cutting for Business, Learn to Make Money with Your Machine
- Subway, Eat Fresh
- Skittles, Taste the Rainbow
- Verizon, Can You Hear Me Now? Good.
- Nike, Just Do It
- Bounty Paper Towels, The Quicker Picker Upper
Tips for Creating Your Tagline
Naming anything is difficult – heck, I even struggled with what to name my kids! Here’s a few tips for creating your tagline:
- Create it with a purpose. Elaborate on your business name or product offerings. For example, if your business name is Everything Leggings, your tagline could be ‘Over 100 Patterns and Prints’. This tagline elaborates on the business name and tells the customer that you have… a lot of leggings to choose from!
- Keep it short. The shorter it is, the easier it is to remember. But, be realistic. If you aren’t a multi million dollar business, you probably can’t stick a two or three word tagline with your business name and expect it to catch on.
- Make it valuable. Think of your customer. Outside of your business name, what details can you provide that will quickly make your customer identify what you do and sell? For example, if your business name is Gifts For An Eternity, your tagline could be ‘Helping You Remember Lost Loved Ones’. This tagline tells customers that you sell remembrance gifts for those that have passed on.
Do You Have to Have a Tagline?
Unlike a business name, you don’t have to have a tagline. But, it’s a free way to tell more about your Silhouette or Cricut business.
Where Should You Use Your Tagline?
Your tagline usually goes below your logo on advertising, packaging, your website, your Etsy shop, and text descriptions about your business.
Real Life Examples of Taglines in Silhouette and Cricut
Last week, I asked members of the Cutting for Business Insider’s Club what their taglines were for their Silhouette or Cricut business. Over 30 members shared theirs. Read them here or add your own.
Was this post helpful? Save the image below to Pinterest.