Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Additionally, I may get commissions for purchases made through other affiliate links in this post.
As your business grows, you may want to invest in a label printer to speed up your shipping process and save you money. While the initial investment for the label printer is high, I feel it is a worthwhile purchase.
Currently, I’m shipping between 50 and 60 packages per week. I was previously using half sheet labels that I purchased at this link on Amazon. I was going through a lot of labels and printer ink. I recently purchased a Dymo LabelWriter 4XL.
Pros of the Dymo LabelWriter 4XL
- The Dymo LabelWriter 4XL is a thermal printer. This means that it prints on special labels using heat and it doesn’t use any ink. (Talk about savings on ink and wear and tear on my printer!)
- Prints up to 129 labels a minute.
- Prints 4 inch by 6 inch labels, and a variety of other sizes.
- Is compatible with Etsy and Paypal labels.
- It prints in 300 DPI (dots per inch), meaning that the labels are crisp and clear.
Cons of the Dymo LabelWriter 4XL
- You must buy thermal printing labels, and they can be expensive. I use these generic labels – and they work great.
- This Dymo does not work with UPS labels. This isn’t a deal breaker, as I don’t ship UPS often.
With over 4 years of use, my Dymo LabelWriter 4XL has held up great and I still highly recommend it.
Disclosure: I did not receive this product for free and Dymo did not contact me to write this review.