Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Additionally, I may get commissions for purchases made through other affiliate links in this post.
Spring is (almost) in the air. And, that means plenty of opportunities for Silhouette and Cricut businesses to make money. Let’s look at a few themes for your marketing in the coming months.
Marketing Themes for Spring
Use these marketing themes throughout the Spring months in your products, social media posts, and promotions.
- Renewal – Nature shows us that Spring is a time for renewal. Focus your marketing efforts on fresh starts and use colors like greens, yellows, pinks, purples, and light blues.
- Milder Weather – As the snow melts and temperatures rise, Spring is the time for many to head to their gardens. Products focused on gardening and spending time outdoors will sell well. With Earth Day in April, small businesses can focus on green living and creating.
- Spring Cleaning – For many, Spring is a time to deep clean and purge with a good Spring cleaning. Use this concept in your craft business to get rid of old inventory that you haven’t been able to move. An ‘in with the new and out with the old’ marketing campaign would work well.
- Spring Fling – Many larger companies will hold ‘Spring Fling’ sales. Feel free to follow in their footsteps.
- Taxes/Tax Refunds – With taxes in the United States due in April, many think of Spring as ‘tax time’. Theme promotions and social media around tax returns during April in your craft business. Since many customers receive refunds, focus on reminding customers they can spend their tax refund on a product in your shop.
- St. Patrick’s Day – Think all things luck, lucky, and green. Lower priced items sell quickly for St. Patrick’s Day.
- Easter – Choose to either head down the religious path or the Easter bunny path in your craft business. Products themed around Easter will sell well through March.
- Mother’s Day – A Mother is something that all customers have or have had. Consider having your customers share a photo of their mother or them with their mother for a promotion or giveaway on social media.
Holidays and Events for Spring 2019
In addition to the well known holidays like St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, and Mother’s Day; capitalize on lessor known days that relate to your business. Days noted with an * were found on daysoftheyear.com. You can visit their site to learn more about the day and find hashtags to use for a boost on social media.
- March 1st: Employee Appreciation Day*
- March 8th: International Women’s Day*
- March 10th: Daylight Saving Time begins
- March 12th: Organize Your Home Office Day*
- March 12th: Plant a Flower Day*
- March 13th: Organize Your Home Office Day*
- March 14th: Pi Day*
- March 17th: St. Patrick’s Day
- March 18th: Companies that Care Day*
- March 19th: Beginning of March Madness (College Basketball)
- March 20th: First Day of Spring
- March 28th: Opening day of Major League Baseball
- April 1st: April Fool’s Day
- April 2nd: World Autism Day*
- April 7th: No Housework Day*
- April 9th: Unicorn Day*
- April 16th: Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day*
- April 21st: Easter
- April 22nd: Earth Day
- April 24th: World Stationary Day*
- May 1st: May Day
- May 4th: Star Wars Day
- May 5th: Cinco de Mayo
- May 6th: No Diet Day*
- May 10th: Military Spouse Appreciation Day
- May 12th: Mother’s Day
- May 27th: Memorial Day
Now, I chose the days that I think will be most beneficial to at home craft businesses. Remember, you don’t want to use all these days. Instead, choose a handful of them that work well with your products and business. Since people will already be posting and talking about the days online, it’s an easy way to boost your small business.
Companies to Partner with This Spring
If you are looking to partner with someone in your craft business, companies like florists, landscapers and lawn care providers, and realtors often see an uptick in their own businesses in the Spring. Consider working out deals between these types of companies and yours.
Was this post helpful? Save the image below to Pinterest.