In this uncertain time, the easiest way to give your small business a boost is to offer a sale. Buyers want and need stuff right now, but many are being more savvy with their money right now. Today, I’ve brainstormed some sale ideas you can use in your Silhouette or Cricut craft business.
10 Sale Ideas for At Home Craft Businesses
- Percentage discounts or fixed fee discounts. Offer a substantial discount in your store or offer substantial discounts on certain items in your store. Examples include 50% off when you spend $50, 40% off the entire store, or $10 off when you spend $75.
- Free products. Advertise a free product with a minimum purchase of $XX. Examples of inexpensive products include decals (personalized or generic), keychains, earrings, headbands, holiday ornaments, cupcake toppers, or greeting cards.
- Gift certificates/cards. Give a gift certificate with a minimum purchase. This is a great way to encourage shoppers to return at a later time. Example: Free $15 gift certificate with $100 purchase.
- Free shipping. Consider extending free shipping to customers. Remember, you don’t have to take a loss by offering free shipping. Instead, build the price of shipping into your product price.
- Exclusive limited time products. Create a product or design and sell it only during your promotion. Customers will impulse buy what they can’t get again. For example, if you sell digital cut files: offer a special design that will only be sold for a limited time.
- Bounce backs. Offer a “bounce back” offer when you ship your products. It is likely that you will get some new customers during your sale, so offer them a coupon code to shop in your store again in their box.
- Timed promotions. Consider having timed promotions throughout the day or weekend. For example, from 8am to 12pm have a sale on one product, from 12pm to 4pm offer a different product on sale, and from 4pm to 8pm offer yet another product. This is particularly effective if your shop is celebrating a milestone like first year in business or five year anniversary.
- Free stuff. Host a giveaway for your sale. The easiest way to accomplish this is everyone who buys from you on a certain day will be automatically entered into your giveaway.
- Exclusive bundles. This works better in some shops that it does with others. Create an exclusive money saving bundle. For example, if you sell painted wooden signs: Offer a large sign with a smaller sign as a bonus.
- Ship same day. In the days of free 2 day shipping and even same day delivery, impatient shoppers want their purchase immediately. If possible, offer a fast turnaround time.
Was this post helpful? Save the image below to Pinterest.