Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Additionally, I may get commissions for purchases made through other affiliate links in this post.
I’ve written before about hiring help in your small business. (See these posts: When to Hire Help, Things to Consider When Hiring Help, and Hiring Virtual Help.) But, I know that many Silhouette Cameo and Cricut small business owners are hesitant to either share their crafting knowledge, uneasy about inviting someone into their home, or just don’t have enough steady work for an employee. Today, let’s look at hiring help from another perspective – household chores.
Instead of hiring someone to help you in your business, consider hiring someone to take care of the mundane day-to-day household chores. Here’s some ideas of easy to hire chores to give you more time in your business:
- Cleaning – Imagine the time you’ll gain if you aren’t sweeping, mopping, or vacuuming all the time!
- Child Care – You could hire someone to watch your child or children for a few hours a week, or put them into a daycare or school setting.
- Carpooling – If you spend hours driving older kids to and from school each day, consider setting up a carpool with neighborhood families. Each family takes a turn and takes and picks up the children from school. You’ll be able to gain a few extra hours in your week since you won’t have to deal with transportation daily.
- Lawn Care – Hiring out lawn care or landscaping can free up time in your day to work on your business.
- Snow Removal – This is backbreaking work anyway, hire it out and free up time in your day!
- Laundry Services – Many dry cleaners and laundry mats offer drop off laundry services priced per pound.
- Meal Swaps – While it isn’t easy to hire out cooking, you could join a meal swap with other families in your neighborhood. Each family cooks the same dish (one for each family) and swaps meals. You’ve instantly got ready to cook meals. When you spend less time in the kitchen, you’ll have more time in your day!
- Home Improvement – If you are working on a large home project, hire it out and let the pros take it over! You’ll save time (and frustration!) of not having to do it yourself.
When hiring help, consider neighbors, college students, or online classifieds such as Care.com. Did you know that Care.com has a whole section on their site for housekeeping? Save on a membership when you click through the banner below:
Tell me, Cutting for Business readers, do you hire out help in your home or do you DIY everything? Let me know in the comments.
Save this post to Pinterest:
Since 2015, Christine Schinagl has been helping crafters start and run craft businesses through her blog, Cutting for Business. As a Silhouette and Cricut crafter herself, she has a unique take on what works and what doesn’t work in the craft business world. She also teaches a course on creating digital SVG designs, available at How to Design SVGs.