Skip to Content

Greek Licensing in Your Silhouette or Cricut Business

Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Additionally, I may get commissions for purchases made through other affiliate links in this post.

I talk a lot about trademarks and licensing on Cutting for Business. Several readers have asked if I had any information I could share about copyright or trademark concerns for Greek life. If you want to create Silhouette or Cricut made products to sell in honor of your favorite sorority or fraternity, you will want to get licensed first because the names and insignias are trademarked.

Licensing Facts with Affinity Consultants (

  • Affinity Consultants handles licensing arrangements for more than 100 Greek Organizations.
  • An application, applicable fees, and product samples are required to apply for licensing.
  • Royalties are required upon the sale of the products; but royalty amounts vary between organizations.
  • All product designs must be approved before being produced.
  • A $1 million dollar insurance policy is required.
  • Anyone that plans to sell Greek themed sorority or fraternity items must be licensed. This includes the use of the organization’s name, Greek letters, crests, badges, and insignias.
  • Sorority or Fraternity members must be licensed if they plan to sell items with trademarks on them.
  • A full list of Official Vendors is located on

Obtaining licensing for Greek Organizations is attainable for small sellers. Unlike larger companies that I’ve highlighted before like Disney and the NFL, makes it possible for one person operations and Etsy sellers to become licensed to sell Greek themed products. Let me know in the comments: will you apply for Greek Licensing – or are you already licensed?

Greek Licensing in Your Silhouette or Cricut Business by

Sandra Washington

Tuesday 24th of May 2022

Hi,yes I would like to apply for Greek licensing.

Christine, Cutting for Business

Friday 24th of June 2022


Cindy Robinson

Tuesday 1st of May 2018

Yes I am interested in knowing more about making Greek apparel on my cricut along with selling


Saturday 5th of May 2018

Hope you found this article helpful!


Friday 16th of March 2018

What are the consequences if someone is selling greek items without a license.


Monday 19th of March 2018

You open yourself up to being sued if crafting Greek products without proper permissions.

Kimberly DeLaFuente

Tuesday 21st of November 2017

Hi, not sure where you are located. Could you recommend an insurance company who covers small business for a reasonable rate?


Sunday 26th of November 2017

Hi Kimberly, First, check with your homeowner's insurance. They can often do a rider on your current policy to cover you. Otherwise, look into ACT:


Thursday 10th of March 2016

A million dollar insurance policy...I wonder how much that would cost? I really do wonder how many folks go through everything you listed, Christine! I know I won't be selling anything with Greek lettering! What about those shops selling Greek this allowed?


Friday 18th of March 2022

@Christine, If a company wants to sell all Greek letters (not a particular sorority) in a separate kit that attach to items magnetically or by stickers or Velcro like book covers or water bottles or picture frames and notebooks, would this be possible without the license since they would be considered Greek fonts and not belong to 1 particular organization?


Thursday 10th of March 2016

Hi Donna! A million dollar insurance policy may be much lower than you expect it to be. Shops can sell Greek fonts, but nothing sorority or fraternity related unless licensed. Hope that helps! Christine