Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Additionally, I may get commissions for purchases made through other affiliate links in this post.
Whew! I’ve been pretty quiet through most of the summer. Summer is the slowest quarter on the blog, so I figured I’d take some time to update some things. While it may seem like I haven’t been around, I’ve been working 14 to 16 hour days behind the scenes!
Let’s take a look at some of the changes I know you’ll love:
6 Changes at Cutting for Business
- Cutting for Business runs fast. I optimized everything to make Cutting for Business run fast. Google has this new requirement rolling out called Core Web Vitals. Sites that don’t meet Google’s new Core Web Vitals won’t be shown in search results or will be shown well into search results. (Aren’t you glad Google wasn’t your teacher? 90-100 passes, everything else doesn’t!)
2. All of the free SVG cut files have been moved over to the blog and are no longer hosted on Dropbox. You’ll now download from a green button in the post. Fonts got their own green boxes, too!
3. You can bookmark articles right on the blog. This is one of the most exciting things I added to the blog. Let’s say you find something you want to read or download later. Once you create an account, you can view your bookmarks whenever you visit Cutting for Business. And, it’s free! Click the + icon to register.
4. You can buy me a coffee. Ummm, what?! There are a lot of users that visit Cutting for Business only to download free SVG cut files. (Gasp!) Over the years, many of them have asked where they can tip me for my time. I didn’t really have a good solution. Now I do, at buymeacoffee.com. (And, if you follow along over there you will get some exclusive content – hint, hint!)
5. The home page now features the most popular posts. My blog gets recommended in Facebook Groups and online a lot (as an aside, thank you!) On the first page of cuttingforbusiness.com, you’ll find lists of the most popular posts on the blog. This helps new readers find their way around. If you are looking for newly posted articles, you can find them on the side. If you want to be notified of new articles, I suggest you subscribe.
6. There are fewer ads. Everyone knows I’m not a huge fan of the third party ads. However, they help pay my bills and keep my content free. I’ve been able to rearrange them (again!) to remove a chunk of them without much impact on my site.
All These Changes Didn’t Run Smoothly
While I’m happy to share all these awesome changes, I can’t say that everything went smoothly. My site was down for periods of time, some downloads didn’t work for a week, and updating things took forever.
I tried to stay positive when things didn’t go my way. I mean, when life hands you lemons – make lemonade!
Today, I’m giving you a free lemon svg set to help you stay motivated when things get tough.
Save the post to Pinterest, then download below.