Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Additionally, I may get commissions for purchases made through other affiliate links in this post.
Etsy recently launched a new incentive, Star Seller. Let’s take a look at it today.
What is Etsy’s Star Seller Incentive?
It’s a free program that recognizes shops on Etsy that consistently provide an excellent customer experience. Shops that meet Etsy’s Star Seller qualifications are awarded a Star Seller badge to display in the search results and in their shop.
How is Star Seller Status Determined?
Etsy looks at the last 3 months of your shop to determine whether or not you are eligible for a Star Seller badge. Specifically, they evaluate these things:
- Response Rate. 95% or more of initial buyer messages are responded to within 24 hours. This refers only to the first message sent by a customer, not subsequent messages.
- 5 Star Reviews. 95% or more of your reviews have 5-star ratings.
- Shipping. 95% or more of your orders ship within your stated processing time and with tracking or with a shipping label purchased on Etsy.
- Minimum Sales. Be established on Etsy for at least 90 days since your first sale and maintain 10 orders and $300 in sales for the previous 3 month period.
What Else Should You Know About the Star Seller Incentive?
- Etsy has stated that the criteria for Star Seller status is likely to change/evolve in the future.
- Etsy determines Star Seller eligibility on the first of each month.
- The Star Seller badge will automatically appear and disappear from your Etsy shop depending on whether you meet the criteria each month.
- Etsy has stated that Star Sellers will have additional chances to be featured.
- Carrier or post office delays will not negatively impact your score.
- Canceled and digital orders are not included in your score.
- The full terms can be viewed here.