Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Additionally, I may get commissions for purchases made through other affiliate links in this post.
Social media, like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, have changed our lives, but it has also changed the way that we get our small businesses out there. Years ago, it was much easier to be seen on social media. You created a profile, posted some content to it, and your fans could see it when they logged in.
Now that social media has grown. It seems like you have to follow ever changing expert advice, keep up with constantly changing social media algorithms, and even pay to advertise to get your small business seen. Today, let’s take a look at engagement. In addition to posting regularly, social media engagement is the easiest way to get your craft business noticed on social media.
Why Does Engagement Work on Social Media?
Social media is at its core a way to connect with others and have discussions. When your content is getting noticed by likes, shares, and comments; social media networks will show your posts to more of your audience. But, how do you get more people to engage with your content? It’s easy: Ask questions. I’ve compiled a list below with different questions you can ask to get higher engagement on social media, along with some ways that you can related the questions to your craft business. Personally, rather than post random questions that have nothing to do with your business, I prefer to keep them business related.
Questions to Ask to Boost Social Media Engagement
- What’s your favorite ___________?
- Season. Post with a graphic of the current season.
- Color. Post with an image of something you made that is your favorite color.
- TV show/movie. Post with a shot of you working on the computer while watching your favorite show.
- Type of music. Post with an image of you working, and tell what music you have playing.
- Food. Post with an image of your lunch break eating your favorite food.
- Sport. Post with a picture of a sports related product you sell.
- Book. Share what you read when you aren’t working.
- Holiday. Include a link to your holiday themed products.
- Which one do you like better?
- Post a photo of two versions of a product you created, then ask which one fans like better.
- Post two different supplies (like paper) and ask which one they like better. Then, make something with the product people like best and post it.
- Coffee or tea? Then, share a coffee or tea related product.
- Beer or wine? Then, share a photo of a wine glass or beer stein you sell – or both!
- Would you rather ___________ or ___________?
- Buy something handmade or make it yourself?
- Give a gift or get a gift?
- Plan your days or choose on the fly? Then share your planner related products.
- Be early or late? Then, share your answer.
- If you could ___________…
- Travel back in time, would you? Reminisce about the first days you started your craft business.
- Meet anyone, who would it be? Share who you’d meet and why. Keep it tied to your business.
- Retire today, what would you do with your free time? Of course, share that you’d keep running your craft business!
- What if ___________?
- You won the lottery… what would you do with the money?
- You could travel anywhere in the world… where would you go?
- You had to move to another country? Where will you go?
- What was your ___________?
- First car?
- Last vacation?
- Pet? Share a pet related product.
- First Etsy purchase from us?
- Favorite gift? Tie this into products that make good gifts from your business.
- When you were a kid, what ___________ did you want?
- Career. Share what career you wanted when you were a kid, but share why owning a small business turned out better.
- Current events.
- For big games: Which team do you want to win? Then, share a sports related product.
- For political events: Which side are you on? Then, share a political product you sell.
- Award shows/TV premieres: Who is your favorite actor and why? Then, share yours. Or, share a general movie/TV themed product.
- Share a photo of ___________.
- A product you bought from us.
- Your family. Then, share one of yours.
- The day you became a mom or dad. Then, share yours.
- Ask us anything!
- Ask social media followers to ask you anything about your business in the comments, then answer their questions. This is a fun way to also show the human side of your business.
- Fill in the Blank: ___________ inspires me.
- Choose a product or two that you sell and tell what inspired them.
- If we ___________ what would you do?
- If we gave you $1000 to spend in our shop, which products would you stock up on?
- If we offered craft classes, which product would you like to learn to make?
- If we offered to make you anything, what would it be?
- What’s on your bucket list?
- Share what is one your personal or business bucket list.
Remember, the answers people give you aren’t that important – the fact that they engaged with your content will help your social media presence.
Was this post helpful?
Save the image below to Pinterest.