Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Additionally, I may get commissions for purchases made through other affiliate links in this post.
If you are like me and a regular Pinterest user, you might have been experiencing some glitches and bugs in the last few weeks. For example, when I logged in the other day – Pinterest showed that I wasn’t following any other users – and I had no followers! The following day, everything was displaying like normal.
My guess is that the bugs were being worked out as Pinterest rolled out a few new features. Let’s take a quick look at the new additions.
New Features on Pinterest: Cover Photos
Your Pinterest profile now gives you a place to put a cover photo. Unlike other social media networks – you aren’t able to choose or create a specific photo – it’s an automatic compilation of your pins. However, you can customize which pins are seen. Briefly, here’s how it works:
- Log into Pinterest and navigate to your profile. For example, mine is pinterest.com/cuttingforbusiness.
- At the top, you should see a cover photo spot. Click the pencil in the top right hand corner.
- You can choose from three options on the popup screen to be featured in this space:
- Latest pins from your account – Great if you pin a lot of your own stuff or seasonal stuff.
- Recent activity – Great for showing off what pins of yours are being saved.
- A specific board – Perfect to highlight specific pins. You could create a specific board so you have more control over what appears in the cover photo space.
- After selecting an option, click done and your profile cover photo will be updated. It’s important to note that the pins that show up are not clickable, but there is a link to get to the board.
Other Pinterest Updates
There’s been a few other minor updates as well, I’ll quickly mention them:
- Your monthly Pinterest reach it now publicly shown on your profile page. For example, mine is 4 million. I think this will be valuable when working with other accounts to see how widespread their account is. Also, I think when joining group boards it will be nice to see the reach of members.
- Activity, Followers, and Following are now shown on your Pinterest profile in an easier to see spot.
Need help getting your small business onto Pinterest? Pick up my Pinterest Boot Camp ebook at this link.
Was this post informational? Save it to Pinterest!