Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Additionally, I may get commissions for purchases made through other affiliate links in this post.
Everyone loves a good meme, right? Of course you do! Now, what if I told you using memes to grow my Facebook followers is one of the most effective strategies I use… and it’s free!
Today, I’ll share how I use memes to grow my Facebook followers on my Facebook Business Page.
Before we get started, you’ll want to make sure you have the Meta Business Suite app on your phone.
How to Use Memes to Grow Your Facebook Followers
- Post a meme on your Facebook Business Page. If you need some guidelines on how to choose the perfect meme, I put them later in this post.
- As people interact with your meme, interact with them. Show them you are interested in their comments.
- Open the Meta Business Suite app. You can find it in the Apple App Store or Google Play if you don’t already have it.
- From the Home tab, you’ll see your most recent 3 posts, recent stories, recent ads, insights, and an Audience growth section, among others.
5. In the Audience growth section, you’ll see a section called ‘Post reactions’. These are people that have reacted to something on your page, but don’t currently follow you. Tap the ‘Send invites’ button.
6. Work your way through all the screens checking which people you want to invite. I usually invite everyone.
Click the ‘Send invites’ button and invites will be sent from your page – not your personal account.
That’s it! I usually check for new people to invite daily. And, I’ve gotten thousands of new followers using this method.
3 Reasons Why Memes Work
Wonder why memes work to build your audience?
- They build community. Memes are relatable and make people feel like they belong.
- They are shareable. In their essence, memes beg to be shared. When people share a meme from your page – you reach more and more people.
- Memes entertain. People like to be entertained – and memes do just that!
5 Tips for Choosing & Using Great Memes
- Try to find memes that haven’t already made their way through the craft groups and pages. This is easier said than done.
- Make your own memes.
- Make sure they are safe for work.
- Don’t belittle customers. Sure, there are a few really funny (and truthful!) memes about blog readers and customers out there. But, the goal is grow your page – not to offend people along the way.
- Give credit where credit is due. Didn’t create the meme but know the author? Give them credit, too.
Tell me: Are you currently using memes to grow your Facebook Page audience? Will you start after reading this post?
Since 2015, Christine Schinagl has been helping crafters start and run craft businesses through her blog, Cutting for Business. As a Silhouette and Cricut crafter herself, she has a unique take on what works and what doesn’t work in the craft business world. She also teaches a course on creating digital SVG designs, available at How to Design SVGs.
Friday 16th of September 2022
Hi! I didn´t know what memes was and have no idea what it should be in swedish... is it a shortcut-name for something as memorandum? Anyway this sounds great to use! Starting to build my blog/shop in October so this would cut down all the work around it. Thank´s a lot for all useful information you share!!!
Christine, Cutting for Business
Saturday 17th of September 2022
Hi Marie! I'm sure you've seen memes before. They are funny graphics. Here are some crafting related ones on Google: https://tinyurl.com/bddcpx6p