Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Additionally, I may get commissions for purchases made through other affiliate links in this post.
Happy Crafters no longer offers this program.
I’ve got a fun program to share with you today: Heat Press Rentals! Recently launched by Happy Crafters, this service allows crafters to rent a heat press.
4 Reasons Why a Heat Press Rental Might Be for You
- New to heat transfer vinyl. If you are new to crafting with heat transfer materials (HTV), there’s no sense in investing in your own heat press when you could rent one.
- Try it before you buy it. Wondering about the quality of the heat press before you buy it? Take it for a ‘test drive’ before you buy it.
- Large jobs. If you have a large job coming up, rent an additional heat press to cut down production time.
- Portability. Have a craft event or a home party coming up and can’t lug your giant heat press? Rent a smaller one.
How the Happy Crafters Heat Press Rental Program Works
I recently took the Happy Crafters heat press rental program for a spin. Here’s how it works:
- Visit Happy Crafters at this link.
- Rent your heat press. Checkout is pretty straightforward on the Happy Crafters website. It costs $75 for a 7 day rental.
- Your rental heat press is delivered to your door. Happy Crafters includes free shipping for your rental press. Mine arrived in 3 days.
- Unbox your press. I was thrilled that the heat press was well packaged.
- Read the instructions.
- Plug it in and start creating.
- On your 8th rental day (or on Monday if this is a weekend), use the prepaid shipping label to ship the heat press back to Happy Crafters. If you’d like to extend your time or purchase the heat press, reach out to Happy Crafters. Here’s a few additional photos:
About the Happy Crafters Pink Heat Press
- It’s 9 inches by 12 inches.
- There’s a digital time and temperature screen.
- It’s footprint is pretty small – 16 inches by 12 inches.
- It has a nonstick, teflon platen.
- It’s a clamshell style and opens pretty wide.
- Includes a one year warranty.
- Did I mention… it’s pink!
- Prefer to purchase immediately? Click here.
The Fine Print
You know me – I always read the fine print. Happy Crafters has fully outlined the rental terms in their rental agreement. Read it at this link.
Happy Crafters allowed me to keep the heat press shown above in exchange for sharing my experience with Cutting for Business readers.
Wondering if you even need a heat press? Read this post.
Love this service? Save the image below to Pinterest:
Since 2015, Christine Schinagl has been helping crafters start and run craft businesses through her blog, Cutting for Business. As a Silhouette and Cricut crafter herself, she has a unique take on what works and what doesn’t work in the craft business world. She also teaches a course on creating digital SVG designs, available at How to Design SVGs.
Wednesday 9th of October 2019
Looks like their rental price went up to $90. Super cool service to have available though and appreciate you sharing it!
Thursday 31st of May 2018
I’m curious if you feel the size is large enough or would you recommend going to a 15x15 ? I’m interested in getting one and had no idea about this rental program so thanks for the info!
Monday 24th of September 2018
I recommend getting the largest heat press you can afford.
Wednesday 10th of January 2018
I bought the pink craft press. So far so good but I do have a quick question on size & placement. The T-shirt is a 3X and of course the mat with the cameo I have is 12x12 but my HTV is 12x15. How do make the quote proportional to fit the shirt.
Monday 5th of February 2018
It depends on what type of graphic you are pressing. Left chest, center chest, full frontal etc and then size the design to the area you're printing on.
Saturday 13th of January 2018
Here's some placement tip graphics for you: https://www.pinterest.com/cuttingbusiness/design-placement-%2B-vinyl-tip-sheets-resources-silh/