I’m heading out to the All Things Silhouette Conference in Peachtree City, Georgia for the weekend. This is my 5th appearance at the conference, and I always get excited to meet Cutting for Business readers as well as talk small business – all weekend long! Today, I’m sharing 7 reasons to go to a conference or trade show.
- Meet like minded people! Imagine a room (or whole hotel!) full of people with the same passions you have. People that you can talk crafts or graphic design to – and they actually understand! Yep, that’s what you find at conferences and trade shows.
- Small business networking. In addition to merely meeting and visiting with like minded people, the connections that you make a conferences can be invaluable to your small business. It’s quite common to hear of introductions at conferences that have led to amazing partnerships and collaborations.
- Meet leading creators and figures in your niche. If you subscribe to blogs or video channels, conferences give you the opportunity to meet the people behind the productions face-to-face!
- Learn new things. Whether it is a class on a new technique to bring back to your Silhouette or Cricut business or simply a faster way to do something you already do; conferences are great for learning.
- See new products and vendors. Most conferences have a section for vendors to sell and show off new products. Obviously, trade shows have aisles and aisles of vendors.
- It’s all a business expense! When you add in conference registration fees with travel and lodging expenses, it can get pretty expensive. Don’t let the expense scare you, because everything related to the conference is a business expense.
- They are fun! Last but not least, most conferences have special events during the conferences like contests, giveaway prizes, and more. There’s no better way to stay motivated in your small business than having fun while working it!
If I won’t be seeing you this weekend, consider attending the next All Things Silhouette Conference in November 2017. For more information, visit this link. If you are looking for other conferences and crafty get togethers – Mallory has a great list of creative conferences at this link. Also, Becky has a Silhouette cruise setting sail in August. For trade shows, this link is helpful in locating a show near you.
Save this post to Pinterest and I hope to meet you in person soon!
This post may contain affiliate advertising. This means that if you click a link in the post, I may make a commission based on your purchase. The price you pay for the product or service is not higher, and the commissions I earn go to keeping the Cutting for Business publication online. For more information on my advertising and disclosures, see this link.
Additionally, OCLE Enterprises LLC, dba Cutting for Business, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.