Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Additionally, I may get commissions for purchases made through other affiliate links in this post.
Yesterday, we talked wedding sayings. Today, I’m sharing a simple Print and Cut Silhouette project I made for a wedding I’m attending tonight: Printable wine bottle labels. We are gifting the happy couple four different milestone bottles of wine. One for their first house purchase, one for their first baby, one for their first fight, and one for their first anniversary. Here’s a look at how I put this gift together.
Wine. I used Barefoot brand wine in 750ML skinny bottles that I picked up at my local Target.
Sticker paper. I chose waterproof sticker paper by onlinelabels.com.
Tutorial: Print and Cut Wedding Wine Bottle Labels
- While you are designing your labels, soak your wine bottles in water to remove the existing labels. If any residue is left behind, carefully use a razor blade or scraper to remove it.
- Create a design in Silhouette Studio for your label. My labels measure 3.75″ by 5″. You can put whatever you want on them. I created a design that features Florida (where the groom lives) and England (where the bride is from), and their wedding date. I also wrote a text blurb for each occasion. Here’s the occasions and text that I used:
- First House: The boxes are packed, the papers are signed, the keys are in your hand. You’ve finally got a place to call your own, you’ve got your own land. Congratulations husband and wife, this is the next step in life.
- First Fight: The opinions were different between husband and wife. It doesn’t matter because you’re committed for life. Now that the fight is done, pop the cork and have some wine. And remember, it’ll all be fine.
- First Baby: With ten tiny fingers and ten tiny toes, the Nelson family is about to grow. We can’t wait to hear if it’s a girl or a boy, but it does not matter – all kids are a joy! Gloria will have to skip this bottle, instead she should start practicing to swaddle.
- First Year: Congratulations husband and wife, you made it through the first year of married life! Cheers to anniversaries to come, remember this is only number one!
- I matched the colors in the labels to their existing foil seals. I did this by simply taking a screenshot of each bottle from the Barefoot Wine wesbite, and using the eyedropper tool to get the matching color.
- After designing, it’s a simple Print and Cut. Be sure to turn on your registration marks. I used the standard cut settings for ‘Sticker Paper’ and it cut perfectly.
- To apply your labels, be sure your bottles are dry and stick them on. I laid the wine bottle on a towel on my kitchen counter so that it wouldn’t slide around as I applied each label.
Here’s a picture of the whole set together:
Remember, if you plan to sell printable wine bottle labels, sell only the label and include application instructions for your customer. Why? Because you can’t sell wine without the proper license. Learn more in this post. Another option would be to sell generic labels directly to a winery or wine retailer and they could sell them to their customers.
Wondering why the happy couple is getting married on a Wednesday? They were afraid that there would be date confusion since in the United States we write the date as month-day-year and in England it is written day-month-year. 4-4-18 is the same in both countries!
Love this idea? Save the image below to Pinterest.
Since 2015, Christine Schinagl has been helping crafters start and run craft businesses through her blog, Cutting for Business. As a Silhouette and Cricut crafter herself, she has a unique take on what works and what doesn’t work in the craft business world. She also teaches a course on creating digital SVG designs, available at How to Design SVGs.