Need a boost in your small business? Consider trying out new techniques and materials! Today, let’s look at DuoFlex® heat transfer material by Chemica.
What Is DuoFlex®?
DuoFlex® is a heat transfer material that puffs slightly when pressed and features two colors in one material.
What Can DuoFlex® be Applied to?
You can use DuoFlex® on cotton, polyester, and similar fabrics.
DuoFlex® Cutting and Application Instructions
- Create your design in the software of your choice and mirror it.
- Load the DuoFlex® material into the machine with the accent color face up on your mat and cut it. I used the ‘Cardstock – Textured’ default setting on a Silhouette Cameo 3.
- Weed the design.
- Using a heat press at 325 degress Fahrenheit, press for 30 seconds. Crank down the pressure on your heat press and use a lighter pressure.
- After pressing, allow the material to cool. DuoFlex® should be peeled COOL.
- I used the white material with blue accent on a white shirt. It produced a subtle design with a little bit of colored pop!
Looking for more examples of DuoFlex® in action? See here.
DuoFlex® Care Instructions
Apparel with DuoFlex® embellishments should be washed inside out and hung to dry. (Do not tumble dry!) Allow 24 hours after creating for first wash.
DuoFlex® Color Choices & Where to Buy
DuoFlex® currently comes in 4 colors: white/red, white/blue, white/black, and black/white. (The first color in each combo is the main color of the material; while the second color is the accent color.) You can purchase through any Chemica distributor and a bundle pack of all colors at this link.
Special thanks to Amy at Chemica for sending over a sample to allow me to write this tutorial.
Love tutorials like this? Pin it on Pinterest and I’ll keep them coming!