For the kids heading back to a traditional school setting this year, these adhesive vinyl name decal sheets are always a quick money maker!
Why do they sell well? Since most schools require that everything you send with your child be labeled with their name – parents need to be able to label everything with something nicer than a permanent marker.
What is a Name Decal Sheet?
It’s a sheet of adhesive vinyl where you have cut out names of a child for their parent to place on their items, including pencil cases, notebooks, lunch containers, and more.
Two Ways to Make and Sell Name Decal Sheets
- All names on one page in a single size and font.
- Names in a variety of fonts and sizes. (You could also mix in a few monograms or initial sets!)
Neither choice is better than the other, it is a personal preference.
Price Point for Name Decal Sheets
I’d suggest between $10 and $15 for and 8.5″ by 11″ sheet of names. You can expect to fit between 20 and 30 names per page, depending on the length of the name.
Odds and Ends
- Transfer tape. Don’t forget to apply transfer tape to your name decals before shipping them out to your customer.
- Customer instructions. Don’t forget to include instructions for your customer. Here’s a few free sets.
- Easy to weed fonts. Choose fonts that are easy to weed so this quick money maker doesn’t become a chore!
- Adhesive vinyl. I’d suggest creating name decal sheets with Oracal 631 or equivalent. (I prefer 631 for all indoor uses, but you could use 651. Just another personal preference!)
- What about heat transfer vinyl? You could make this same idea work with heat transfer vinyl (htv). This would allow parents to iron names onto backpacks, clothing, and more. If you give this a try, you can include this instruction sheet with your orders.
Now, get out there and cash in on back to school time!
Loving this post? Save it to Pinterest: