Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Additionally, I may get commissions for purchases made through other affiliate links in this post.
Silhouette Cameo and Cricut business owners: Have you ever been out and about and been dying to be able to show a potential customer the things you make but didn’t have anything with you? Perhaps you’ve sold at a craft show or market recently, and had customers wondering what kinds of custom products you could create, but you could only tell them about them? Today, I’ve got an easy solution for you to help you carry your products wherever you go – a lookbook.
What is a Lookbook?
A lookbook is a type of product catalog made popular by the fashion industry. However, lookbooks can also be used in small businesses since their main purpose is to show off your products in an attractive book. I think they are ideal for Silhouette or Cricut small business owners to use. Here’s a quick list of when a lookbook might come in handy in your own small business:
- Imagine you are out wearing a shirt you made when someone asks you about it. Offer them a quick peek into your lookbook.
- Bring a few lookbooks to your next craft fair and leave them on your table. Lookbooks can be a great way to show off custom creations.
- If you get a lot of customer photos, share them through a lookbook (with customer permission).
- If you set up for events (weddings or parties), use event photos to show off your creations in a lookbook.
- If you make large or heavy items and can’t really lug them around, showing a potential customers your lookbook can be more effective than simply giving out a business card.
- You could use your lookbook during sales calls to local businesses. After arranging a meeting with a local store owner, leave your lookbook and make an appointment to return to pick it up. This leaves you an instant way to follow up with the local business!
Places to Create a Lookbook for Your Products
- There’s several do-it-yourself photo book publishing sites where you can create your own lookbook including Mixbook, Shutterfly, and Blurb. When using sites like these, you choose a layout and literally drag and drop your photos into the slots. Add a little bit of text to your lookbook and order it. I prefer lookbooks to not include prices, but that is your decision. The cost of your lookbook will vary with the amount of pages and the covers you select, but it should easily be under $20.
What will you include in your lookbook? Let me know in the comments.
Tuesday 9th of February 2016
My kids got me 2 digital frames for Christmas, one for family, one for project pictures. Want to have project one running slide show at events.
Wednesday 10th of February 2016
Great idea, Trish! Thanks for sharing!