Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Additionally, I may get commissions for purchases made through other affiliate links in this post.
Let’s continue talking about creative ways to market your Silhouette or Cricut small business. Did you know that videos are more effective than images for advertising? I’m sure I hear a few groans from readers, because a lot of people don’t like the idea of creating videos or they don’t want to be in front of the camera. No worries Cutting for Business readers, I’m going to show you how to quickly add movement to your social media posts – no videos needed.
What is Flipagram?
Flipagram is a slideshow creation app that you can download from the Apple App Store or Google Play. It allows you to create simple slideshows in about 10 minutes using photos.
How to Create a Slideshow in Flipagram
- Gather all the photos you want to use in your Flipagram. You’ll need to have the photos on your phone or tablet. If they are “stuck” on your computer, use your favorite cloud service or email them to yourself to get them to your device.
- Open the Flipagram app and tap the red plus button at the bottom center. (Flipagram will be playing a popular Flipagram in the background, just ignore it.)
- Tap “Select Photos & Videos”.
- Select all the photos that you would like to use from your phone. My sample Flipagram contains 18 photos and is 15 seconds long.
- You are now able to add music, change the order, or change the speed. When the slideshow is ready, tap “Next” to move on. (A quick note: if you plan to use your slideshow on Instagram, it must be 15 seconds or less. I would suggest keeping your slideshow to under 30 seconds for all other social media networks.)
- Now, you will be prompted to add a caption. So, add a title then click “Next”.
- To save your Flipagram, I uncheck the “Post to Your Profile” button and tap “Save as Hidden”. You can now save your slideshow in whatever method you’d like and post it on your social media.
Flipagrams work best when they are themed to a certain product or product line. For example, if you make customized wall decor and tee shirts, share only wall decor in one Flipagram and only tee shirts in the other. Stick with me for the rest of the week, as I share two other ways to create video for advertising your Silhouette or Cricut business.
Share this tutorial on your favorite social media network by hovering over the image below or tapping on it on your device: