Do you have a Facebook Business Page and a Facebook Business Group for your Silhouette or Cricut small business? If so, I have amazing news for you today! Facebook has recently rolled out an update that allows you to link the two! If this alone doesn’t excite you, let me tell you why I love this: You can now interact with your group as your page! For those of us that like to keep our personal profiles separate from our businesses – like myself – this feature is long overdue.
Previously, if you wanted to have a group for your small business on Facebook, it was tied to your personal Facebook account. Now, you can keep your personal profile – well, personal – and keep everything business related tied to your business Facebook Page.
How to Link Your Facebook Business Page & Group
- Log into your Facebook account and visit your Business page.
- Click the ‘Settings’ button near the top of the page.
- Select ‘Edit Page’ from the left hand side.
- Scroll down to ‘Groups’ and make sure that the toggle is switched to ‘On’, then click ‘Save’. Note: If you don’t have groups, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click ‘Add a Tab’ (shown by the red arrow below) to add groups to your page template, then turn the toggle on and save.
- Now, head back to your Facebook Business Page and click the ‘Groups’ link on the left hand side of the page.
- Finally, you’ll be able to click the ‘Link Your Group’ button and choose what group(s) you’d like to link to your page!
After linking your group, your page will become an admin in the group and you’ll be able to interact with your group as your page. (Woohooo!)
Need help deciding whether a group is right for your business? See this post where I break down the differences between a Facebook Page and Group. Interested in joining the Cutting for Business Facebook Group? Join here.
Share this with another crafter by saving it to Pinterest: