Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Additionally, I may get commissions for purchases made through other affiliate links in this post.
Yesterday, I gave you quick tutorials showing you how to use advanced features in Facebook Messenger. Today, I’m showing you how to keep your messages organized using Facebook Message Labels, a newer feature.
How to Create Labels in Facebook Messages
- Log into Facebook.
- Navigate to your page messages and click on a message.
- From the right hand side, click “Labels”:
- From “Add & Manage”, you can create new labels or delete ones that you don’t use. You can also color code your labels. Now, you’ll use the “Apply a Label” box to choose a label for each conversation.
- After labeling your messages, you can see the labels in your inbox:
Additionally, you can add notes to any conversation under the “Your Notes” section:
What kinds of labels should you add to your messages?
You may be thinking, “Ok Christine, I now know how to add labels, but why would I want to?” In my opinion, it is a great time saver to managing communication with your customers. Here’s some examples on how to label your Facebook messages:
- Completed or Follow Up. – This is how I mark all of my messages. After I am done talking to someone who has messaged my page, I mark it as “Completed”. If I need to send them additional information, I mark the message “Follow Up”.
- Invoice Sent, Paid – Waiting Shipment, Paid – Shipped, Problem with Order. If you use your Facebook business page to collect orders, you can label each conversation with the next step in the order process. This allows you to quickly scroll through your messages and know what needs to be done.
- Retail Customer, Wholesale Customer, No Order Yet. If you have a variety of different types of customers messaging you, you can label them to quickly know with whom you are speaking.
- An important note: Only page admins can see labels or notes.
I’m thrilled with this recent addition to Facebook’s messenger, and I hope that you will take advantage of it in your Silhouette or Cricut small business. Don’t forget: I’ve got a Facebook advertising class launching soon! Send the phrase FBCLASS to 44222 to be notified of the launch and receive a $50 off coupon.
Save this post to Pinterest, because sharing is caring: