I was hoping I’d be back by now, but it just hasn’t happened yet. If you are wondering why I haven’t answered your Facebook message, email, or blog comment; read on.
I’m currently away from the blog, because my husband has been in the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital for about a week. Here’s the story: On May 29th, my husband had some routine lab work done because he wasn’t feeling his “best”. They called with the results on May 30th, and instructed him to go to the Emergency Room. From the Emergency Room, he was admitted to the hospital. Early in the morning of May 31st, he was upgraded to the Intensive Care Unit. As of the time of writing this (June 5th), we are still without a diagnosis and are still in the ICU/CCU.
What is Happening with the Cutting for Business Blog?
- I’m not writing any new content at this time, so that I can focus on my husband, myself, and our four children.
- The content you see posted from May 31st until June 22nd was written and prescheduled before this started. Additionally, there are a several free cut files on Fridays that have already been scheduled throughout the summer.
- Besides prescheduled content, I’m not updating the Cutting for Business Facebook page.
- Currently, I am not approving new blog comments.
- In my absence, the Cutting for Business Insider’s Club is running smoothly with Karen Kroupa from Seaver Brook Designs and Terri Johnson from Terri Johnson Creates overseeing it.
Where Can You Get Updates?
- I am updating the Cutting for Business Instagram feed with content from the hospital and how Will is doing. (Even if you don’t have an Instagram account, you can still read the updates.)
- I’ve made a public post from my personal Facebook page that I am updating at least once per day with a status update. Feel free to follow along.
On behalf of myself, my husband Will, and my entire family, thank you for the kind messages, the offers to bring me and the kids meals, the (oh-so-gorgeous and handmade!) cards we’ve received in the mail, and the prayers and support. Cutting for Business readers are some of the best humans I’ve ever met and my husband and I are resilient people. I’ll be back soon, Christine
(These masks really need vinyl, huh?)