I’ve mentioned on the blog several times that before you start selling anything made with your Silhouette Cameo that you should know how to work your machine – I mean really know how to work your machine. If you haven’t mastered it yet, I’m thrilled to share another book review with you today. Crafty Cuttings – The Plotter’s Compendium has recently hit the market. The book was actually first written in German, by Angelika Holz and recently translated into English. If you aren’t familiar with Angelika, you may recognize her from her Etsy store Freda F Printables.
Things I Love About Crafty Cuttings – The Plotter’s Compendium
- Crafty Cuttings is well rounded and covers everything from Silhouette Studio software to different creative techniques and project ideas to machine and mat care.
- The instructions and explanations in Crafty Cuttings are extremely thorough. Specifically, Angelika does a great job covering each feature in Silhouette Studio in depth.
- There are loads of photos. I’m talking hundreds of photos in the 144 page book.
- Angelika shares instructions for common projects, but also features unique tutorials like explosion cards and paper boxes.
- The layout of Crafty Cuttings is fantastic! Angelika doesn’t waste any space in the book, but the book never looks crowded. Honestly, the layout of Crafty Cuttings is probably the best of any book I have reviewed to date.
- The inside front cover of the book features important functions and shortcuts in Silhouette Studio. It is made to cut out and leave by your computer for quick reference.
- There is extra space in the back of the book to record your favorite cut settings in Silhouette Studio.
Here’s an overview of the table of contents of Crafty Cuttings:
I am happy to recommend Crafty Cuttings – The Plotter’s Compendium to any Silhouette Cameo crafter who wants to learn how to work their machine. You can find the book on Amazon with free Prime shipping.
Help spread the word about Angelika’s new book by sharing the image below on social media: