From oversized Jenga style games to handmade Scrabble lawn games, and wooden tic tac toe boards to lawn Yardzee games, there’s plenty of outdoor games that you can create and sell with your Silhouette or Cricut. And, the best time to promote them? Right now: The beginning of summer! Today, let’s take a look at three different ways you can make money selling handmade yard games.
3 Ways to Profit from Handmade Yard Games
- Sell directly to customers. Just a second to state the obvious here: Make and sell to customers through local buy and sell groups, Etsy, your own website, or word of mouth.
- Rent them out. Renting out giant yard games is another way to profit from them this summer. Many people won’t have a use for them outside of a special event like a wedding or a family reunion. Also, they might not have the space to store them. Head to this post for the ins and outs of renting products. (And trust me, it’s something I could consider myself an expert in!)
- Sell to event rental businesses. Wholesaling is a great way to make money off of handmade yard games this summer. And who better to sell them to than your local event rental businesses? In this case, you’d sell your yard games directly to the event rental business. Unless they are extremely busy, they’d probably only need 3 to 5 units total. They’d then rent out the units to their customers throughout the year. Need more information on wholesaling? Head to this post.
Yard Game DIY Tutorials
Looking for a few tutorials to get started making your own yard games with your Silhouette or Cricut? There’s no need for me to write any, since there are plenty of good ones already online.
- DIY Yardzee
- DIY Outdoor Dominoes
- DIY Backyard Four in a Row
- DIY Giant Dice
- DIY Oversized Tic Tac Toe
If you decide that making and selling the games isn’t for you, you could also make and sell the digital plans to other crafters.
Tell me in the comments, what is your favorite tutorial for making giant outdoor games with your Silhouette or Cricut?
Love this post? Save the image below to Pinterest.