Yesterday I went over the basics of Amazon’s affiliate program, Amazon Associates. I know that sometimes it can be hard to implement new ideas. So today, I’m giving you concrete examples of how to use the affiliate program in your existing Silhouette or Cricut business. I focused on giving you examples for Facebook and Instagram only – as that is what most craft businesses use. However, you can use any social media network, or even create your own Pinterest pins with affiliate links.
16 Examples of How to Use Amazon Associates in Your Craft Business
If you sell: Custom Tumblers
- (On Facebook) Just finished this one (photo of latest tumbler) and it’s mine to keep. Wondering my favorite thing to drink in it? Iced passion: https://amzn.to/2rvQJUV! #affiliate
- (On Facebook) Heading to the beach this weekend? Pick up a couple of these to keep your custom tumblers sand free! https://amzn.to/2K3K1fR #aff
If you sell: Rustic Wood Signs
- (On Facebook) Just picked up these rustic stools for my kitchen: https://amzn.to/2jLgP1U #aff
- (On Instagram) Love my new gallery wall? (With picture of gallery wall.) My secret weapon is Command Hooks! Grab a pack through the link in my bio! #gallerywall #commandhooks #aff (Put link to https://amzn.to/2IuGjP9 in Instagram bio or use an Instagram story with the link.)
If you sell: Apparel
- (On Facebook with staged picture of a shirt and shorts) Our newest design is now available at xyz.com! Pick up coordinating shorts at https://amzn.to/2FZzRdF (Affiliate)
- (On Instagram wearing your shirt with the necklace) The perfect way to complement our custom tees? A chunky statement necklace! Pick up one at the link in my bio. #affiliate #chunkynecklace #customtee #yourhashtag (Add link to https://amzn.to/2wteqlT in Instagram bio.)
If you sell: Planner goods
- (On Facebook) Everyone always asks my favorite pens to use in my planner. I use and love these: https://amzn.to/2rvg28V #affiliate
- (On Facebook) Need a way to keep your planner closed? These handmade straps work perfectly: https://amzn.to/2KMbTpK (Aff. link)
- (On Instagram) (Photo of pile of new washi tape.) #Washitape for days! #linkinbio #aff (Add link in Instagram bio or story: https://amzn.to/2rvwia0.)
If you sell: Digital cut files
- (On Facebook) Using our cut files to make tee shirts? We recommend this heat transfer vinyl bundle: https://amzn.to/2IsfpHD #affiliate
- (On Facebook) Need storage for your vinyl? Check out this rack: https://amzn.to/2rC2Qzh #aff
- (On Facebook) Did you know I always test cut all my files before selling them? I just bought a Cricut Maker: https://amzn.to/2I7yVpD (Affiliate link.)
If you do: Hands on classes
- (On Facebook) Class registration is now open on xyz.com for our Introduction to Silhouette Cameo 3! Use our machines, or bring your own: https://amzn.to/2KKU3DI (Affiliate link)
- (On Facebook) Held a DIY class today and participants loved learning how to use Cricut’s new knife blade. Order one for yourself: https://amzn.to/2I3Ky4G #aff
If you sell: Anything
- (On Facebook) Taking a break from creating today to wait for delivery of these: https://amzn.to/2I7jXzK #aff
- (On Instagram) Want to know my secret to saving money on dryer sheets? I use these (photo of them). Pick up a set from the link in my bio. #ad #linkinbio (Include link to https://amzn.to/2jKgXyT in bio or story.)
Disclosures and Best Practices
When advertising products using affiliate links, you are required by law to disclose that it is an affiliate link. On social media, it is as easy as stating ‘Affiliate Link’ or #affiliate. If you are posting on your website, you’ll need an affiliate disclosure policy. Learn more about FTC required disclosures at this link.
When you are posting affiliate links. Make sure you have purchased the product or used it. Your customers and audience will have questions about the products – and they will ask. If you haven’t ever used the product, it will show and you could lose credibility!
Now, get out there and make some passive income!
Was this information helpful? Save the image below to Pinterest.