In 1940, a movie called Christmas in July was released. The retail world embraced the idea of celebrating and hosting Christmas sales during the summer – and it hasn’t been the same since! If you are thinking of hosting a Christmas in July sale in your Silhouette Cameo or Cricut Explore small business, read on!
When Should I Hold My Christmas in July Sale?
You can hold a Christmas in July Sale anytime in the month of July. You’ll notice that most retailers host their sales after the July 4th holiday.
Do I Have to Have Christmas Products on Sale or Available?
No, you can host a sale on any products you would like.
Sale Ideas for Christmas in July Sales
- Offer a substantial discount in your store or offer substantial discounts on certain items in your store.
- Advertise a free product with a minimum purchase of $XX. Examples of inexpensive products include decals (personalized or generic), keychains, earrings, headbands, cupcake toppers, or greeting cards.
- Give a gift certificate or coupon code with a minimum purchase. This is a great way to encourage shoppers to return at a later time – like the actual Christmas holiday. For example, spend $100 and get a $15 gift certificate good in the months of November or December. This tactic is great because it encourages customers to return at a later time.
- Similarly, offer a bounce back coupon in the order to return again at a later time. You can read more about bounce back offers in this post.
- Consider extending free shipping to customers. With Amazon’s Prime membership leading the marketplace, many customers now balk at having to pay shipping costs.
- Host a giveaway for your sale. The easiest way to accomplish this is everyone who buys from you on a certain day will be automatically entered into your giveaway.
- If you’ve already got your holiday products designed and ready to sell, you can offer an early preview sale for everything Christmas related.
Now, get your sales together for next month. If you are selling on Etsy and need an easy way to schedule your sale, view this post.
Let me know if you are hosting a Christmas in July sale in the comments.
Of course, save this post to Pinterest: