One thing that I talked about in my Home Parties class at the All Things Silhouette Conference was hosting a Drive In Decal Event. These are fast paced, money making events that you can host if you have the right occasion.
What is a Drive In Decal Event?
The premise behind a Drive In Decal event is simple, everyone that drives up pays a price and gets a decal installed on their vehicle. The person or people hosting the event are responsible for designing and cutting the decal, advertising the event, collecting payment, and applying the decal to each car.
What Types of Occasions are Good for Drive In Decal Events?
Drive In Decal events are great for quick fundraisers for deaths in the community or raising money for schools. If you are doing the event for a school fundraiser, you could even do the event in your school’s car rider pickup if available.
The Crafting Specifics
- Decals that are around 4 inches by 4 inches work great for Drive In Decal Events. All cars will have the same decal applied to them during the event.
- Decals should be precut in adhesive vinyl (Oracal 651 or similar), weeded, and have transfer tape applied before the event.
- The decals should be applied to the car window during the event.
- The actual design of the decal can be whatever you want. Generally, you’d design around the event. For example, if you do a Decal Drive In event to raise money for a school, a school logo would be a good design choice.
- A few helpers during the event will make it run faster and smoother.
- You can use any driveway, street, or parking lot that you can get permission to use for the event.
- $5 is a great price point per decal applied. You can also apply decals for a donation and let customers decide the price. In a fundraiser setting, you may find that many customers will be generous in their donations.
How Does a Drive In Decal Event Work?
It’s actually really simple, because it is just a small assembly line. (Think car wash!)
- Cars line up at the start of the event.
- You collect payment from the person in the car, apply the decal to the window, and the car is able to leave right away.
- You work your way through the line of cars repeating the process: collect money, apply decal, move to the next until all the cars have gone through.
Upsells During the Event
Don’t forget, always give customers in the car an option to purchase extra decals to apply themselves to other cars at a later time. Of course, give everyone that comes through the line a business card!
It’s that simple to host a Drive In Decal event and you can plan them quite quickly!
Save this post to Pinterest: