With summer just around the corner, everyone gets their finger and toe nails all done up. Silhouette Cameo and Cricut small business owners can whip up sheets of vinyl nail decals for quick easy sales – plus it is a great way to use large scraps!
Tips for Cutting Vinyl Nail Decals
- Vinyl nail decals should be sized around .25 inches each.
- Nail decals should be simple shapes without lots of detail cut using adhesive vinyl.
- Transfer paper generally isn’t necessary for the customer to transfer vinyl to nail.
- For Silhouette users, try using the overcut feature to assist with making tiny cuts.
- Current online pricing for handmade nail decals is all over the place. I’d recommend pricing of a full sheet 8.5 inches by 11 inches at $4 to $5; and a half sheet of vinyl nail decals 8.5 inches by 6.5 inches at $2 to $3.
- Consider offering themed bundles (several related designs sold together).
- Remember that post on affiliate programs? (If not, go back to it.) A product like this lends itself well to an affiliate program. For example, take a product photo of your nail decal on your freshly painted nail. In the text, you can note the brand and color of the nail polish and an affiliate link to buy it. You’ll make money anytime someone purchases the nail polish through your link and it isn’t in competition to the product you are selling.
- Of course, always be sure to give your customers instructions to apply and remove the nail decals.
Free Printable Vinyl Nail Decal Instructions
Feel free to give this unbranded set of instructions to your customers.
Love this post? Share it to Pinterest:
Wishing you many sales,
If you found this information helpful, pass it to another crafty business owner or business owner-to-be by sharing it on your favorite social media. Sharing it is also a great way to find it when you need it again!