Surveying your customers is a great way to get feedback about your products, customer service, or future product lineup. In fact, it is one of the easiest ways to find out if what you are doing in your Silhouette or Cricut business is “working”. There are many ways to survey customers, but today and tomorrow I am going to show you two easy ways. Today, let’s look at using SurveyMonkey to survey your customers. The best thing about SurveyMonkey – it is easy to use, they have a free plan, and a handy mobile app.
How to Survey Your Customers through SurveyMonkey
- Visit surveymonkey.com and create an account.
- After logging in, click the “Create Survey” button in the top right corner.
- Next, you’ll create your survey questions. You can either start from scratch or modify a free template. For this tutorial, we are starting from scratch. Click the “Start from Scratch” button.
- Enter a name and choose a category. Then, click “Create survey”.
- Now, you’ll click the “Add a new question” button.
- Next, you’ll be able to write your questions. From the dropdown in the center of the page, you’ll be able to select a question format such as multiple choice, short answer, star rating, etc. Add all your questions and select the “Next” button when finished. (You can also choose to add your custom logo!)
- Once you finished writing your survey questions, you’ll be able to choose how to get the survey to your customers.
When customers complete your survey, you’ll be to analyze the responses and make changes (or keep doing what you are doing!) in your business. To review your responses in SurveyMonkey, click “My Surveys” from the top navigation bar. This allows you to analyze the responses you’ve collected.
Types of Questions to Ask Customers
Before you write your survey, brainstorm what you want to find out from your customer. There is no point of having a survey if you don’t have an end goal. Here’s a quick list of ideas to get your started:
- Ordering – How was the ordering process? Was the website easy to use?
- Order Frequency – How often do you order?
- Packaging – Did you like the packaging? Was your item well packed?
- Shipping – Do you feel the shipping costs were reasonable? Was your package shipped on schedule?
- Products – What future products would you like to see? What is your least favorite product?
- Recommendations – Would you recommend us to a friend?
- Logo/Branding – What do you think of when you hear our business name? What do you think of when you look at our logo?
Some customers will dismiss surveys without filling them out. One great way to boost your survey responses is to tie it to a reward. Tomorrow, I will share an easy way to host a giveaway to customers who complete your survey.
Save this post to Pinterest: