As you are doing holiday craft shows and fairs, be sure to have products available in all price ranges. Today, I’m showing you how I quickly created chalkboard ornaments using chalk markers and some inexpensive ornaments I picked up at the Target Dollar Spot.
Chalkboard Ornaments – If your Target Dollar Spot is out, check here for some.
VersaChalk Chalkboard Markers – I purchased these.
Christmas Designs – I purchased this pack and traced the graphics.
Cricut Explore or Silhouette Cameo
Chalkboard Ornament Tutorial with VersaChalk Markers
- Use scrap vinyl to cut your designs on your Silhouette Cameo or Cricut Explore.
- Apply the designs to your ornaments. Since I used round ornaments, I cut the vinyl close to the design to make application easier.
- Apply the vinyl using transfer tape to your ornament. I didn’t worry much about bubbles and creases.
- Use the VersaChalk marker and fill in the design.
- You’ll need a few coats to make sure it isn’t streaky.
- Peel off the vinyl when you are done! Use a wet cotton swab to fix any mistakes.
If you are selling these, you might consider putting them in a box so that they don’t smear. Here’s a link to a post to create your own.
Want to do a different style ornament? Try my tutorial for wood grain ornaments – it’s like a wooden sign in an ornament!
OH! Doing some holiday shopping this year online at Target? (Me, too!) Get free shipping on your order over $25 when you use this link.
Save this post to Pinterest: