Every year in early and mid November I receive a lot of emails and social media requests asking, “Where should I start?” from new Silhouette Cameo and Cricut owners. This makes sense, because many people are trying to save up for holiday gifts. Today, I’m sharing the best posts on Cutting for Business for newbies.
- Going into business is not a light decision, make sure you are ready:
- If you want to make money, you have to spend money:
- Don’t try to be a master of too many things. Choose a specialty and stick with it:
- Licenses are a big deal and you need a commercial license on for everything you sell:
- There’s a lot in a name – choose wisely:
- You aren’t going to make any money unless you price your items correctly:
- If your whole purpose is to make money, be sure you pay yourself:
- Shipping from home isn’t hard:
- Trademarks and copyrights can be an issue. Don’t infringe on someone else’s intellectual property – ever:
- Those that have come before you made mistakes, learn from them:
Save this post to Pinterest to help a new business owner out:
This post may contain affiliate advertising. This means that if you click a link in the post, I may make a commission based on your purchase. The price you pay for the product or service is not higher, and the commissions I earn go to keeping the Cutting for Business publication online. For more information on my advertising and disclosures, see this link.
Additionally, OCLE Enterprises LLC, dba Cutting for Business, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.