Hey Instagram users! Last week, Instagram made Business accounts available to people using Instagram for their businesses. The good news: the upgrade was free, quick, and easy!
How to Upgrade Your Instagram Account to a Business Account
- Sign into your Instagram account on your mobile device and click the upgrade banner. The following page appears. Tap the “Log in with Facebook” button.
- Give Instagram permission to manage your Facebook Page by tapping “OK”.
- Choose your Facebook page and tap “Next”.
- Enter the information for your business profile. If you don’t want something shown, leave it blank. Click “Done”.
- That’s it! Did you notice in the screenshots that it took me exactly two minutes to switch over?
Why Upgrade to an Instagram Business Account?
- The business account automatically adds new buttons to your Instagram profile. In my case, I chose to only include my email address, so I have a button that now says “Contact”. That is a huge improvement over direct messages! If you entered additional information in the business profile, you will have additional buttons.
- Account insights are now available in Instagram. These will tell you which posts performed best and how many people say your post. That’s great news!
If you switch over and want to switch back to a personal account, click the gear in the top corner and navigate to “Switch Back to Personal Account”.
Save this post to Pinterest:
Wishing you many sales,
If you found this information helpful, pass it to another crafty business owner or business owner-to-be by sharing it on your favorite social media. Sharing it is also a great way to find it when you need it again!