After I posted the article Where to Buy Popsicle Sleeves on Cutting for Business, I’ve received a lot of questions on where to buy can holders/koozies. Today, I’ll share my favorite supplier – but I’m also going to share my thoughts on the lack of profitability in doing bulk orders of can holders.
As a reminder: When selling can holders or koozies (or coozies), be sure to not use the word “koozie” in your sale listing. Why? It’s trademarked to Norwood Promotional Products, who is very aggressive with trademark violations. Good alternatives include: can holder, can cooler, sleeve, or coolie.
Information Before You Shop
Before you start shopping, you’ll need to decide whether you want sewn or unsewn can coolers. Unsewn can coolers are shipped flat and require sewing after embellishing them; while sewn can coolers lay flat to embellish but are ready to use. The majority of can holders are made from neoprene and you would use heat transfer vinyl to embellish them.
Where to Buy Can Holders
- My recommended supplier: 24 Hour Wristbands – pricing varies will number ordered. An order of 100 blank can holders costs $0.31 each; while an order of 500 costs $0.23 each (higher quantities are available and the price keeps going down and multiple colors can be ordered to meet pricing breaks). I heard of them through recommendations from Cutting for Business readers and tried to out before writing this post. (Link)
- Colors available: Black, brown, burgundy, camel, camo, camo (pink), champagne, charcoal, coral, dusty rose, eggplant, fuschia, grey, hunter green, kelly green, mint, navy, neon blue, neon green, orchid, placid blue, purple, raspberry, red robin egg blue, royal, sandstone, tangerine, Texas orange, white, yellow, neon orange, neon pink
- Noteworthy: Foam can coolers and bottle coolers are also available.
Other Suppliers – These are great for small quantity orders (less than 100)
- Blissfully Blank – $0.50 – Sewn and Unsewn (Link)
- Unsewn colors available: Neon green, hot pink, royal, black, red, white, coral, navy, mint, camo
- Sewn colors available: Royal, black, camo, white, navy, red, hot pink, mint purple, tangerine, coral, yellow, tiffany blue
- PID Blanks – $0.70 – Sewn (Link)
- Sewn colors available: Pink, tangerine, neon pink, kelly green, neon green, neon blue, orange, orchid, lilac, fuschia, robin’s egg blue, teal, white, yellow
- Acrylics for Crafting – $0.60 (Link)
- Unsewn – Sandstone, mint, coral, robin’s egg
Sewn – Royal, maroon, navy, turquoise, green, orange, lime green, hot pink, purple, red, teal, yellow, forest green, black, gray, robin’s egg, coral, mint, sandstone, brown, white (also a sublimation blanks
Bulk Can Holder Orders
In my opinion, it is not worth it to handmake bulk orders of can holders because it is time consuming. When you factor in your labor rate, you likely won’t be able to sell the can holders for enough money to cover the time weeding and pressing. So, should you decline a bulk order? Absolutely not! Instead, outsource it to a screen printer. Let’s look at a couple of examples:
Wedding favor bulk order. This customer wants 100 navy blue can holders with a yellow design that reads: “To Have and To Hold… and keep your drink cold. Will & Christine, 2016” Instead of handmaking these, you should outsource the project. If you were to use 24 Hour Wristbands for this order, you would be able to outsource this order for a fraction of the cost of completing it yourself. At the time I checked the pricing, there was a 10% coupon code at the top of the site and free shipping. My order total was $63. You charge the customer $150 and you make $87 for designing the product and having it printed.
Event bulk order. This customer needs 500 white can holders with their company logo in black. They will provide the logo. Again, using 24 Hour Wristbands for this order, you would pay $165. You could charge your customer $1 each and make $335 for uploading their image and having it printed.
Tell me in the comments, do you do your own large can holder orders or do you outsource them? Don’t forget to save this to Pinterest:
Blog keyword to find this post again: CANKOOZIE.