Heads up for Etsy sellers: You may have received an email that Etsy is making changes to shop layouts effective April 5th. In my opinion, I like the changes that are being made to the Etsy shop layout and today I will give you some of the highlights.
Things I love about the new Etsy shop layout
- The new shop page layout looks like a social media page versus the old school web store layout we have all become used to. Information that was previously a few clicks away are not located on a single, main shop page.
- There are spots at the top to show off your featured products – and the images are quite large!
- The shop announcement is shown with a different background color – that looks like it will stand out more.
- Shop updates (with pictures) are shown on your main page; as well as your about your shop images or video.
- Your shop policies (payments, shipping, refunds/exchanges) are also shown on your main page. (Finally!)
- Etsy is letting sellers share links to social media, a blog, or a website. (Another finally!)
What I’m on the fence about
- Etsy is still giving you a place to put a banner or cover photo at the top of the page. Personally, I think this might be a little bit of overkill. I’m planning to let my products stand out and see how it works before I add a cover photo.
Here’s a preview photo of Etsy’s new layout:
What do you think of the new Etsy shop layout? Let me know in the comments.
This post may contain affiliate advertising. This means that if you click a link in the post, I may make a commission based on your purchase. The price you pay for the product or service is not higher, and the commissions I earn go to keeping the Cutting for Business publication online. For more information on my advertising and disclosures, see this link.
Additionally, OCLE Enterprises LLC, dba Cutting for Business, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.