Heads up for Etsy sellers: You may have received an email that Etsy is making changes to shop layouts effective April 5th. In my opinion, I like the changes that are being made to the Etsy shop layout and today I will give you some of the highlights.
Things I love about the new Etsy shop layout
- The new shop page layout looks like a social media page versus the old school web store layout we have all become used to. Information that was previously a few clicks away are not located on a single, main shop page.
- There are spots at the top to show off your featured products – and the images are quite large!
- The shop announcement is shown with a different background color – that looks like it will stand out more.
- Shop updates (with pictures) are shown on your main page; as well as your about your shop images or video.
- Your shop policies (payments, shipping, refunds/exchanges) are also shown on your main page. (Finally!)
- Etsy is letting sellers share links to social media, a blog, or a website. (Another finally!)
What I’m on the fence about
- Etsy is still giving you a place to put a banner or cover photo at the top of the page. Personally, I think this might be a little bit of overkill. I’m planning to let my products stand out and see how it works before I add a cover photo.
Here’s a preview photo of Etsy’s new layout:
What do you think of the new Etsy shop layout? Let me know in the comments.
Wishing you many sales,
If you found this information helpful, pass it to another crafty business owner or business owner-to-be by sharing it on your favorite social media. Sharing it is also a great way to find it when you need it again!