Mac users rejoice! A few weeks ago I posted about saving to .png or .jpg in Silhouette Studio using a PDF printer called Bullzip (read that post here). I was flooded with questions on how to do this on a Mac. I’ll be completely honest, I have no clue. But, Mandy from Happy Hoot Parties offered to stop in Cutting for Business today, and lend a hand to Mac users. I’m turning it over to Mandy now.
Hi everyone! Saving as a .jpg, .png, or .pdf in Silhouette Studio on a Mac is a pretty easy process and does not require any extra software.
Mac Tutorial to Save as .png, .jpg, or .pdf in Silhouette Studio
Once you have finished your design, go to File>Print Page Setup.
- Select the paper size as if you were sending the project to a printer (it’s US Letter 8.5 x 11 in this case). Click OK.
- Go to File>Print, or click the Printer button in Silhouette Studio. When the Printer prompt opens, click the drop down menu in the bottom left corner and select Save as PDF.
- Save the file with the .pdf extension. Ex: “littleman.pdf”, and click Save. Your design is now saved as a PDF! If you need it in another format like JPEG or PNG, there are only two more steps to follow. Find your saved PDF file on your computer and open the file with Preview (should be the default option when you double click the file).
- Once your PDF is open in Preview, go to File>Export.
- When the Export prompt comes up, select the location where you want to save the new file. Then click on the Format drop down menu near the bottom, and select the file format you wish to use.
Mandy, thank you so much for stopping in to share this tutorial! Cutting for Business readers, thank Mandy for sharing this by stopping by the Happy Hoot Parties Facebook page, the Happy Hoot Parties Instagram feed, or Happy Hoot Parties on Etsy. Mandy made this tutorial so easy to follow that I’m sure I’ll have to beg her to stop by again! Don’t forget to share this with a fellow Mac user by hovering over the image below to pin it.
Wishing you many sales,
If you found this information helpful, pass it to another crafty business owner or business owner-to-be by sharing it on your favorite social media. Sharing it is also a great way to find it when you need it again!