I always hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the United States Postal Service is raising their rates effective January 17th, 2016. This post highlights important rate increases and other changes for Silhouette Cameo and Cricut small business owners. It’s important to note that this post details pricing for Commercial Base Rates, which is the pricing you receive when shipping through online services like Etsy or Paypal. Retail rates (those you pay when you walk into your local post office) are higher.
2016 Rate Increases for USPS
- Average rate increase for Priority Mail Express: 15.6%
- Average rate increase for First Class Service: 12.8%
- Average rate increase for Parcel Select: Between 1.9% and 23.5%
- Average rate increases for Standard Post: 10%
Other Important 2016 USPS Changes
- The First Class Mail weight class is being increased from a maximum weight of 13 ounces to 16 ounces.
- The USPS is discontinuing the Domestic and International Priority Mail Express Flat Rate Box and the Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C.
I created rate charts for your quick reference. I saved them both to my camera roll on my phone so I can refer to them fast. I’d love if you took a few minutes to share it on social media to help spread the word – just hover over it to share it.
Wishing you many sales,
If you found this information helpful, pass it to another crafty business owner or business owner-to-be by sharing it on your favorite social media. Sharing it is also a great way to find it when you need it again!