I always hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the United States Postal Service is raising their rates effective January 17th, 2016. This post highlights important rate increases and other changes for Silhouette Cameo and Cricut small business owners. It’s important to note that this post details pricing for Commercial Base Rates, which is the pricing you receive when shipping through online services like Etsy or Paypal. Retail rates (those you pay when you walk into your local post office) are higher.
2016 Rate Increases for USPS
- Average rate increase for Priority Mail Express: 15.6%
- Average rate increase for First Class Service: 12.8%
- Average rate increase for Parcel Select: Between 1.9% and 23.5%
- Average rate increases for Standard Post: 10%
Other Important 2016 USPS Changes
- The First Class Mail weight class is being increased from a maximum weight of 13 ounces to 16 ounces.
- The USPS is discontinuing the Domestic and International Priority Mail Express Flat Rate Box and the Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C.
I created rate charts for your quick reference. I saved them both to my camera roll on my phone so I can refer to them fast. I’d love if you took a few minutes to share it on social media to help spread the word – just hover over it to share it.
This post may contain affiliate advertising. This means that if you click a link in the post, I may make a commission based on your purchase. The price you pay for the product or service is not higher, and the commissions I earn go to keeping the Cutting for Business publication online. For more information on my advertising and disclosures, see this link.
Additionally, OCLE Enterprises LLC, dba Cutting for Business, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.