I’ve had several Cutting for Business readers ask me for how-to instructions on features in Silhouette Studio or specific projects with the Silhouette Cameo. I try to stick closely to topics related to running a business with your die cutting machine and often refer readers to Melissa at Silhouette School. If you haven’t had a chance to pick up her book, The Ultimate Silhouette Guide, I’m giving you a peek inside today! Be sure to read all the way to the end for your chance to win a copy of your own! I recently purchased a hard copy of the book to give to a family member for Christmas.
10 Reasons I Love The Ultimate Silhouette Guide by Silhouette School
- The Ultimate Silhouette Guide is well rounded. The book opens with basic information and lingo related to Silhouette crafting. Then, it moves on to specific techniques and thorough tutorials.
- Written for both a beginner and the experienced user. I love that The Ultimate Silhouette Guide is clear enough for someone that hasn’t opened their machine to follow and start creating immediately. At the same time, there is enough information to help an experienced user learn something new. For me, it was the PixScan mat that sat in it’s package for way too long. It’s out now and works great!
- It offers a wide range of tutorials including: designing your own designs, working with fonts, tracing, cutting paper, vinyl, stamps, and fabric on the Silhouette, etching, rhinestones, engraving, and more!
- There are more than 200 pictures in the book. I know many people learn best by seeing it done – including me. Since Melissa can’t be at everyone’s house 24/7, the detailed pictures are the next best thing.
- The Ultimate Silhouette Guide offers a section on what each button in Silhouette Studio does – complete with photos to make sure you know what button is which.
- There is an entire section on troubleshooting. Let’s face it, at some point in your Silhouette crafting you are going to have a problem. Rather than try to get through to someone at Silhouette America, save time and pull out The Ultimate Silhouette Guide.
- Melissa has compiled a chart of recommended cut settings for more than 40 common materials including different types of papers, vinyls, felt, leather, fabrics, and much more.
- The Ultimate Silhouette Guide is great for reference. With both a table of contents and a complete index, it only takes a few minutes to locate the topic you are looking for.
- Updates are included with The Ultimate Silhouette Guide. If you purchase the ebook version, you’ll receive future updates at no additional charge.
- It’s ad free! The Ultimate Silhouette Guide is all material – with zero ads.
Take a Look Inside The Ultimate Silhouette Guide
How to Get The Ultimate Silhouette Guide
The Ultimate Silhouette Guide is available as an ebook or a hard copy version. If you already have your Silhouette machine, click here to buy the guide. If you don’t have a Silhouette yet, grab a bundle with The Ultimate Silhouette Guide included by clicking here.
Share this book review:
Enter to Win:
This post may contain affiliate advertising. This means that if you click a link in the post, I may make a commission based on your purchase. The price you pay for the product or service is not higher, and the commissions I earn go to keeping the Cutting for Business publication online. For more information on my advertising and disclosures, see this link.
Additionally, OCLE Enterprises LLC, dba Cutting for Business, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.