Yesterday, I answered a Cutting for Business reader question on the blog about disclaimers regarding copyrights and trademarks, and today I’m addressing another one. A reader emailed me asking if it is okay to reuse a shipping box (meaning a box that she received a product from another company in) to ship a product to her customer.
You should have an ample supply of boxes on hand for your orders, but I know that every once in a while I have to ship a larger order or a larger product and might not have a box I need. I think that it is okay to reuse boxes once in a while to ship items to customers. The recycled boxes should be in great condition and free from other branding. I am a member of Amazon Prime (which I love and talked about here) and I receive a lot of shipments in the mail. When reusing boxes, I remove any mention of the previous company – including Amazon’s branded tape. I then add a sticker that I created by doing a Print and Cut on my Silhouette Cameo that says, “This box has been recycled. Please consider reusing it.”
I’m happy to share my stickers with Cutting for Business readers!
Instructions for free printable recycled box stickers:
- Grab some Silhouette Printable White Sticker paper from Amazon.com.
- Download the free recycled box stickers file.
- Open the file in Silhouette Studio.
- Print the file.
- Load the printed sticker sheet onto your mat with the small black box in the upper left hand corner of your mat.
- Load your mat.
- Select the cut settings for “White Sticker Paper” (Blade: 2, Speed 8, Thickness:14) and cut them out.
- Add your shipping label (You can find shipping labels on Amazon, too. Here is a link to the ones I use.) and stick a sticker to the outside of the box.
If you need additional shipping tips (like how to get free USPS boxes) be sure to read my previous post.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you purchase a product based on my recommendation, I will receive a commission. This commission does not raise the price you pay. All earnings support Cutting for Business.
Wishing you many sales,
If you found this information helpful, pass it to another crafty business owner or business owner-to-be by sharing it on your favorite social media. Sharing it is also a great way to find it when you need it again!