I’ve delayed the post I had scheduled for today to share the news about Amazon’s 20th anniversary sale happening July 15th – exclusively for Amazon Prime members – and called Prime Day. Amazon is advertising it as a sale with more deals than Black Friday. Regularly, they sell tons of Silhouette Cameo accessories and machines – plus gobs of other crafting stuff – so here’s to hoping that Amazon includes plenty of craft items on Prime Day as well!
What’s Amazon Prime?
Amazon Prime is a membership that costs $99 per year and gives members free shipping on Prime eligible items. I’ve been an Amazon Prime member for several years and the included services keep expanding. Included in each membership is:
- Free two day shipping
- Free same day shipping in some areas
- Access to Prime Instant Video – a streaming movie and tv service
- Prime Music – ad-free access to over a million songs
- Prime Photos – unlimited secure photo storage
- Prime Pantry – Flat rate shipping for an “everything that fits in the box” grocery, pet, and household products.
- Access to Amazon Elements – Amazon’s own line of private label products
- Prime Early Access – Access to Amazon’s Lightning deals 30 minutes before the general public
- Kindle Benefits – Amazon Kindle owners benefit from the Kindle library and Kindle First, a program where you can download one book a month free of charge.
Why do I love buying Silhouette Cameo supplies (and other craft supplies) on Amazon.com?
- The selection is better than my local craft store. In fact, my local Michael’s has less than a quarter of an aisle dedicated to Silhouette brand items.
- I can read reviews of items posted by fellow crafters before I purchase an item.
- Pricing on Amazon is often cheaper than other websites and in-store.
- My Amazon Prime membership ensures that I receive free shipping on Prime eligible items, plus I generally receive the items in 48 hours using Prime’s free two day shipping.
- While tax is now charged in the state of Florida, people in many states can purchase tax free.
- Refunds are easy (although you will have to pay shipping back to Amazon), but refunds are issued as soon as the item is scanned by the carrier and on its way back to Amazon.
- In addition to Silhouette Cameo supplies, there are plenty of other supplies offered (Trust me, my cart is always full of things to complement my Silhouette Cameo!).
Remember that your membership fee and any purchases you make should be recorded in your accounting program. If you don’t have a favorite accounting program yet: I highly recommend Craftybase. If you’d like to try Amazon Prime free for 30 days, and get access to Prime Day on July 15th, click the image below.
Affiliate links are present in this article. This means that I will receive a small commission for my recommendation. The price you pay is not increased, and my profits go to keeping this blog running.
This post may contain affiliate advertising. This means that if you click a link in the post, I may make a commission based on your purchase. The price you pay for the product or service is not higher, and the commissions I earn go to keeping the Cutting for Business publication online. For more information on my advertising and disclosures, see this link.
Additionally, OCLE Enterprises LLC, dba Cutting for Business, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.