After reading my last two posts, Wholesale versus Consignment of your Silhouette Cameo made products and 10 Things to consider when wholesaling Silhouette Cameo made products, you can probably guess that I am a huge fan of wholesaling products and business-to-business sales. While some crafters balk at the idea of another person selling their handmade goods – I welcome and recommend it. Additionally, business-to-business sales are also a great way to bring in repeat, large orders. In my opinion, when you wholesale your handmade products or sell in bulk to other businesses, you ultimately spend less time on selling and customer service and more time creating items. You might not have to go far to find from home to find these opportunities – if you think outside the box.
Local wholesale or business-to-business sales ideas for Silhouette Cameo made products:
- Realtors/Real Estate Agents: It is customary for realtors to give a thank you gift to clients upon purchasing a home. If you create floating frames or wooden signs, you may be able to sell “Welcome” or “New Home” themed signs or wall decor to your local realtors. Each time a realtor sells a home, they return to you to purchase again.
- Bakeries/Cupcake Stores: Consider approaching your local bakery about custom made cupcake toppers or cake toppers. If you create custom stencils with your Silhouette Cameo, your local store may also be interested in those.
- Photographers: Photographers are often in need of signs and photo props to use during their photo shoots, and they are easy to create with your Silhouette Cameo.
- Party Planners: Like Photographers, Party Planners need party props and decor to use during events. It may be signs, paper goods, favors, or many other items.
- Book Stores/Sewing Stores/Yarn Shops: Customers of local book stores, and sewing or yarn shops often carry items like books or crafting supplies with them. A line of themed bags would work well for all three!
- Event Rental Stores: Similar to other event businesses, Event Rental Stores may purchase Silhouette Cameo made items to rent to their customers along with the usual offerings of tables, chairs, and tents.
- Travel Agents: Like realtors, travel agents often send clients a small token of appreciation for using them. Custom made luggage tags or framed art to display their favorite vacation photo may work well.
- Landscapers/Plumbers/HVAC/Electricians/Plowing Companies: Small companies often order locally for t-shirts and uniform needs. If they order isn’t too large, consider creating it with your Silhouette Cameo.
- Any local, small business: Small businesses often like to support other small businesses. Many businesses are in need of car window decals, hours of operation decals, thank you stationary, wall decor, holiday cards, and more.
The easiest way to finding business-to-business sales is staying local. Keep a lookout for ideas the next time you are in your community. What ideas can you help me add to this list? Let me know in the comments, and I will add them in.
Save this post on Pinterest:
Wishing you many sales,
If you found this information helpful, pass it to another crafty business owner or business owner-to-be by sharing it on your favorite social media. Sharing it is also a great way to find it when you need it again!