Alright readers, I have a challenge for you today! Answer these questions quickly (and accurately!):
- How much money did you make in your Silhouette Cameo based business last month?
- What did you spend in expenses for the month before last?
- How many supplies do you have on hand right now?
If you can’t answer these questions in less than a few minutes, then this blog post is for you.
When running any small business, you need to know your numbers. You should be keeping records for 1) All sales made 2) All expenses incurred 3) All supplies on hand. There are numerous ways to keep track of these things, and I’ve seen everything from envelope systems to binders or notebooks, custom made spreadsheets, and online accounting programs that range from free to hundreds of dollars per month.
For Silhouette Cameo small business owners, I highly recommend Craftybase. Craftybase is an online accounting and bookkeeping system created especially for professional crafters. Among it’s features:
- Inventory tracking of all supplies and equipment
- Supplier information lists for every site or company that you purchase from
- Order tracking
- Labor cost calculation
- Expense and purchase recording
- Ability to list projects with the required amount of supplies
- Various reports on the health of your business
- Automatic imports from Etsy shops, Shopify stores, with integrations from Paypal and Square coming soon
- And standard features like a great support team, 256 bit SSL security, and secure backups
A few of my favorite features of Craftybase include that you can customize many sections of the program. For example, if you sell vinyl items, you can track your inventory in rolls, inches, feet, or yards – it’s up to you. Next, I love that you can add photos next to your supplies. This means no more digging through old orders to figure out which name you gave your favorite printed fabric in your accounting records! Lastly, the program itself is broken down in to easy to understand language. There are help tutorials throughout the program, and I never feel like I need an advanced accounting degree to navigate it. When using Craftybase, you’ll just need to keep your purchase receipts in an envelope and all other records will be online.
Craftybase offers a free (no credit card needed) trial available for 14 days. After that, you can choose from 3 different plans – the most expensive being $19.99 per month. But, after you become a paid subscriber, you can earn your Craftybase program free of charge if you refer 10 new customers to the program. Today, Cutting for Business is able to offer you 10% off your Craftybase subscription by clicking the banner below:
Save this post to Pinterest:
Wishing you many sales,
If you found this information helpful, pass it to another crafty business owner or business owner-to-be by sharing it on your favorite social media. Sharing it is also a great way to find it when you need it again!